Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I dream of Genie

This beauty of a pumpkin features a Genie, or Djini if you prefer the traditional spelling. The djinn are mythical beings from the middle eastern tradition and are elemental creatures like fairies or gnomes and are often associated with fire which is why she is dressed all in red with red hair.

My genie is leaning up against a winged camel. I painted this pumpkin for my friend Merry, a lovely friend of mine who owns Merry's Fashion With Passion, a world clothing and jewelry store in Long Beach, CA. (visit Merry's website http://www.merrys.biz/). Merry has a really cool camel that she puts out in front of her shop, so I couldn't think of anyone else who would appreciate a flying camel more than she would!

If you're anywhere near Merry's on Broadway near Temple Ave in Long Beach, Ca, do yourself a favor and stop in. You'll find the most amazing shop full of gorgeous clothing, jewelry, and accessories from Turkey, India, Israel, Egypt, and all the East. Merry treats everyone like she's known you forever, which makes it easy to become fast friends. You'll love her, I guarantee it! Tell her Monica sent you.


No comments:

Post a Comment