Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Autumn Fairy

I was looking for inspiration for paintings when I came across simplifies version of this fairy on a cross stitch pattern website. I loved her poofy dress, her soulful look , and the spotty mushroom and I knew I must bring her to life myself.

Since the cross stitch pattern was all black and white, I got to choose the colors for everything. I knew I wanted to do her wings like fall leaves, all in fiery colors, so I made her dress gold to coordinate with that palette. I did change the shape of her wings to look more leafy too. The pattern wings were more like your typical butterfly wing.

I love the way she turned out and I secretly hoped that she would not get bought so I could keep her all Fall! I actually ended up giving her to my best friend as a Halloween gift so I can go visit this pumpkin fairy all season long at my friend's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment