Monday, August 31, 2009

Disney inspired pumpkins

I get a lot of special requests for characters on pumpkins, and folks love Disney!

Winnie-the Pooh is going out trick-or-treating dressed as a bee. You can't see it in this picture, but Pooh is wearing a cap that has bee antennae on it! This was a really cute one:

Pooh Bear

Mickey Mouse is going out trick-or-treating too, dressed up in his best ghost costume:

Tinkerbell is always a favorite character of the Disney crowd. The first Tinkerbell pumpkin was a huge one so I had a lot of room to paint. She got lots of glitter on her wings and her green dress. The second Tink is dressed like a witch, and riding a broom sidesaddle like the animated Samantha on the beginning of the old Bewitched tv show:
Bewitched Tink

Jack and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas are SUPER popular. I think I painted them 7 or 8 times at least last year. They were a big seller for sure!
Large Jack & Sally Pumpkin
Small J & S

Jack's ghost dog Zero was a great design too:

The popularity of Pirates, spurred on by The Pirates of the Caribbean movies, made the old skull & crossbones popular:
This is the back side of a smaller skull & crossbones pirate pumpkin. I liked including the parchment scroll warning that "Dead Men Tell No Tales"

I am planning on painting more Disney character inspired pumpkins this year. I'd like to do Lock, Shock & Barrel from Nightmare Before Christmas, maybe Oogie Boogie too, he's creepy! I'm sure we'll see more of Jack , Sally, & Zero.

Maybe we'll see Mickey in his sorcerer's apprentice outfit, or Minnie Mouse dressed to go out trick-or-treating. If anyone has any ideas for Disney pumpkins, I'd love to hear them!









No comments:

Post a Comment