Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Don't fear the Reaper

I said, More Cowbell Baby!

Yes, he's coming for us all so why worry? Actually I rather like the idea of death looking like young Robert Redford in that old Twilight Zone episode "Nothing In The Dark". Now there is a "Crossing Over" a girl can enjoy!

This fellow is a little more scary. I found this design on a patch of all places. It just goes to show that you can find inspiration in a lot of places. I loved the perspective of this design, with the reaper's bony hand prominent in the foreground and his scythe up over his head. Nice! I chose a vibrant dark blue for his robe because I thought it would add the right amount of punch to the picture while still looking suitably dark.

The painting is done in plain old acrylic craft paint and coated with a spray acrylic sealer top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment